Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

For the first time in all our years together, hubby has decided to spend Thanksgiving with me, rather than his parents/brothers/nieces/grandmother.  He won't tell me why and when he told me, I'd already resigned myself to spending another holiday alone, so I volunteered to work.  Now I have to work and cook.

Awesome. 

I should have known there was a catch.  He'll spend Thanksgiving with me, but the weekend with his parents.  Lovely.

She wins yet again and the plans we had for a nice long movie weekend get thrown out the door.

I'm normally a disgustingly optimistic person, but I swear that woman is doing a victory dance over my future-grave site tonight....I just know it.

I'm trying really hard not to get into my usual holiday funk but this little tidbit of news doesn't help, nor does the news that the idiots who were renting from us packed up in the middle of the night and left a $400 power bill and owing last month's rent.

I want to sell that stupid, horrible place and severe my last ties to the town I grew up in.  Karen is the only person I'll keep in touch with.  Now if I could just stop being afraid the Ex-Father will come banging at my door when I'm here alone, life would be good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment